Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Stupid Thing Happened On The Way...

So, I fell at work yesterday. I wish I could tell some amazing tale about how I work with a wildlife rescue mission and was stretched out over a ravine reaching for a stuck kitten but fell instead. Or I'd settle for a job doing painting and the ladder I was on was blowing back and forth in the wind till it crashed down. But no. 
I was carrying a load of laundry into the laundry room at my oh so glamorous job and slipped on a wet spot. Not to worry, the concrete floor caught my fall... and so did some of the dirty laundry I was carrying. I looked around quick to see if anyone saw me, and got up laughing at how stupid a thing that was. I brushed myself off and continued on thinking I was okay.
Today, I am not okay. My hip and shoulder where I fell are achey and tight making this rediculous event linger far longer than it should have. Oy. How do you file for workman's comp and time off?

No comments: