Friday, August 29, 2008

A few Electoral Comments

I've been listening today to the speeches made by McCain & Co as well as by Obama & Co. I've heard a lot of "I will, I will, I will" but so far I haven't heard any of the "This is how I will." Loft goals and lots of promises but no directions or plans for how these goals will be met.
And while I'm at it, McCain's choice of VP has been very strategically done. On paper she appears to be everything McCain isn't as well as recapturing everything Obama and Clinton were promising. In reality though, she isn't and doesn't. The choice of Sarah Palin as VP is a low-ball tactic. In the first 15 minutes of her speech she had already spoken every cliche there is as well as espousing all the wrong things. Yuck. I'm glad to see that there are many women who are recognizing that, although Palin is a woman, she doesn't represent the interests of women. Palin argues against the good-old-boy network yet she is a willing pawn in that network. How sad. 
I'm sure there will be more to come (both from the media and from me) in the near future on all this. Stay tuned.

No comments: