Friday, March 5, 2010

Eyes

Eyes

I saw eyes

Peering out of the darkness

Piercing

Searching

Stalking

Quivering

Legs

Tensed

With feline kneading

Gathering energy

Anticipating a pounce

Expecting a kill

Paws

Toying with their prey

Directing me to my final destination

Pushing

Turning in circles

I am

Looking up

I saw where I was going

I hesitated

Staring at that mouth

Teeth

Bared

A growl

A grin

A set trap

Waiting to snap

Bite

Gnaw

Dripping

Before opening up

And taking me in

Swallowing

Hungry

Wanting more

And more

Always

More

Gasping

For more

There is a squeak

As the meal of me

Hits the spot

And the teeth bare down

And the claws sink in

And the legs quiver harder

And the eyes flash wider

Falling from the fabric jungle

We crumble to the blanket tangle

Sweating from the encounter

Sighing

Smiling

Satisfied

Another successful hunt.

No comments: