Wednesday, October 1, 2008

On Paying

I've been speaking with some friends for a while now about how people finance their transitions. I refuse to believe that only the privileged can achieve a desirable level of transition. Through some brainstorming and internet searching we've come across with some ideas for financing. Of course, there's always savings (if you don't mind waiting till age 50 if you aren't well off to begin with), there are a few grants (if you can find them and qualify), loans (if you can qualify and don't mind paying for it till age 80), benefit parties, and sponsors. My friends and I are currently toying with a plan for juggling several of those methods to raise some funding (yes, some of you who are reading this will inevitably be getting a letter from me at some point soon- it's still in the draft stage for right now. Please don't hate me for it.).  

1 comment:

little light said...

Let me know how I can help, comrade.