Wednesday, June 7, 2006

So Much Negativity...

A good friend and I were recently talking about positive and negative influences in our daily lives. We concluded that we allare constantly getting so many negative messages all the time but unless we consciously seek them out, so few positive messages. 
I was driving home from work today after going to my company health offices for a TB test (mandatory annual check). This got me thinking more about the positive vs. negative messages we get all the time. 
What is going on that the desired outcome of a doctors visit is to be proclaimed negative? To elaborate- any time you visit any kind of medical/health provider and are given a diagnosis as positive it means you have a virus, a disease, a disorder, or an affliction of some kind. How is that positive??? That sounds pretty negative to me. Yet when we are told our test results came out negative its supposed to be a good thing? WE ALL WANT TO BE TOLD WE ARE NEGATIVE AND THEN WE WONDER WHY OUR LIVES ARE SO GLOOMY, DEPRESSING, HATEFUL AND/OR ANGRY.

So, when I go in on Friday to have the follow-up reading on my TB test I'm going to proudly walk out that door and proclaim that I had a positive testing experience and a positive test result- I'm TB free!!

No comments: