Friday, January 2, 2009

Two Thousand Nine

So it's a new year. Time to take stock of the year gone past and make plans for the year to come. It's really all arbitrary anyhow...

2008:
I went through the worst winter I've ever experienced. 
I made an appearance on stage at my alma mater for 2 nights only.
I was perpetually cold for the first 5 months.
I had surgery.
I got to travel for fun.
I went through some body changes.
I quit two jobs.
I wrote many many letters.
I packed my car and moved across the country.
I was completely alone for 5 days straight.
I camped in my car twice.
I moved into an apartment with an almost complete stranger.
I learned what it meant to be truly isolated.
I was unemployed for several months.
I made new friends.
I fell in love.
I went to a queer nude beach.
Every weekend for a month.
I got frustrated a lot.
I saw the Pacific Ocean for the first time.
I went broke.
I sold my car and bought a bike.
I knew what unrequited love felt like.
I cried.
A lot.
I got a new job.
I got a raise.
I cried some more.
I received a love letter.
I went on a date.
I got another raise.
I worked through a holiday.
I cried again.
I renewed a relationship.
I got a promotion.
And another raise.
I worked through another holiday.
I spent a week alone.
I drank a lot of tea.
I spent a weekend in bed.
Not alone.
I cried.
I decided that things needed to change some more.
I felt deeply happy.
I was held tight in loving arms.
I fell asleep that way.
On many nights.

2009:
More friends.
New homes.
More travel.
Quiet.
Weekends.
Dates.
Beaches.
Vacation.
Music.
Nights out.
Camping.
Hiking.
Tea.
Unplanned spontaneous happenings.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!. . . . reading that made me feel. . . happy. .sad. .excited. .sorry. . hopeful. .curious. . . .I miss you!